Thursday 22 August 2013

Gratitude Day ten (long delayed) (46 - 50)

One little thing gets in the way, and I forget to post for weeks... so it goes.  I ran off on a road trip for a week, then spent a couple days house-sitting for my sister, and in that time, I pretty much forgot I was blogging again. :o

My sister-in-law said she was taking a van load of teens to a youth meeting in Watersmeet MI and I said I'd love to come along.  She jumped on the idea, since she was eager to have another adult along.  I love road trips, as hard as they can be with this pain condition I have.  I asked for lots of prayers and jumped in.  It went better than I thought it would, despite getting a bad chest cold the day before going.  Washington, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Michigan.  It's a trip I've taken (at least so far as MN) quite a few times in the past.

46. A fun trip

47. A peaceful trip (considering there were 13 teens in the van)

48. Renewed acquaintance with old acquaintances

49. Continued hot summer weather

50. Continuing to find good audio books to listen to

The location of the youth meeting

There were ponds leading down to a lake

Flew through my growing up state with only stops for gas both ways.
No time to stop or see anyone.


No comments: